Can your Organisation become an Associate of Africa AHEAD?
Non Governmental Organisations (NGOs) and Community Based Organisations (CBOs) can become Associates within Africa AHEAD in one of three ways:
1. By invitation: Africa AHEAD invites the said NGO as an associate based on valuable experience in the CHC approach
2. By partnership: International NGOs who have used Africa AHEAD as a consultant for training and implementation of their own CHC projects
3. By application: Informal collaboration through interest in using the CHC methodology and willingness to contribute to greater understanding of this approach
Organisations wishing to contribute to international effort to achieve a cost-effective development model for behavior change using the CHC approach are invited to join Africa AHEAD as Associates, by signing an MoU as an Associated Organisation, and contributing a nominal membership fee.
This implies that the Associated Organization is one which subscribes to the AHEAD Model of development and conducts all projects according to the basic assumption of the approach as outlined on this website.
BENEFITS OF ASSOCIATION WITH AFRICA AHEAD
Africa AHEAD can assist Associated Organisations by:
- Freely sharing of information and mentoring through brief queries by email
- Sharing of existing Africa AHEAD training materials should these be appropriate
- Sharing of existing Africa AHEAD base line survey for measuring behavior change
- Providing a dedicated Webpage accessed directly by the Associated Organization on the website
- Co-publication of findings in journals and international conferences
Africa AHEAD joins funded partnership by:
- Development of viable project proposals for CHC implementation
- Assistance in the adaptation of training materials to be context specific
- Assistance in training of Trainers for CHC Programmes
- Assistance in setting up monitoring systems of programme
- Formal validation of CHC programme through research and evaluation
The benefit to Africa AHEAD from Associated Organizations is that a School of Development will be recognized within the public domain, providing an institutional memory and enabling lessons learned to be shared and rigorously documented in order to provide long term research into the use of the CHC methodology. This may also ensure that the reputation of CHC approach is not undermined by poor replication.
To apply to become an Associate Organisation: contact us for Application Form.
Zimbabwe AHEAD is an indigenous NGO formed in 1997 to scale up the Community Health Club approach that had proved so successful in field trials between 1995-1997 (funded by UNICEF). As the original pioneer in the Community Health Club approach, the organisation has invaluable experience in this methodology and in the past 13 years has developed and utilized the AHEAD Model to its full extent.
Sustainable Sanitation Alliance
Africa AHEAD has recently joined the Sustainable Sanitation Alliance (SuSanA), an informal network of partner organisations who share a common vision on sustainable sanitation. SuSanA came into existence in early 2007 and works as a coordination platform, working platform, sounding board, contributor to the policy dialogue on sustainable sanitation and as a “catalyst”.