Africa AHEAD has presented at the following Conferences 1999- 2014
click on links to full paper in blue
1999: Water Engineering & Development Centre: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
- Waterkeyn, J. Structured Participation in Community Health Clubs.
- Mathew.B. & Mukuwe.R. Health Clubs- Hygiene Education in Bikita IRWSSP
2000: Water Engineering & Development Centre: Dhaka, Bangladesh.
Waterkeyn J & A. Demand Led Sanitation in Zimbabwe.
2003: Social Capital Conference: Rhodes, Greece.
2003: 29th Water Engineering & Development Centre Conference: Abuja, Nigeria.
Waterkeyn, J. Cost Effective Health Promotion: Community Health Clubs.
2004: Water Sanitation Programme- East Africa:
Waterkeyn J & A. Taking PHAST the Extra Mile Through Community Health Clubs.
2005: 31st Water Engineering & Development Centre Conference: Kampala. Uganda.
- Okot, P et al. Rapid Sanitation Uptake in the Internally Displaced People Camps of Northern Uganda through Community Health Clubs.
- Waterkeyn,J. Decreasing Communicable Diseases through Improved Hygiene in Community Health Clubs.
- Waterkeyn, A. Hygiene & Sanitation Strategies in Uganda: How to achieve sustainable behaviour change?
2008: World Water Week, Stockholm:
Waterkeyn, A. CHC Case Studies from Zimbabwe and Uganda.
2009: Water Engineering & Development Centre
Rosenfeld J & Waterkeyn J. Using Cell Phones to monitor and evaluate behaviour change through Community Health Clubs in South Africa.
2010: International Water Association: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
2010: International Water Association: Mexico city.
Waterkeyn, J, Matimati.R and Muringaniza.A. ZOD for all – Scaling up the Community Health Club Model to meet the MDGs for Sanitation in Rural and Urban areas : Case Studies from Zimbabwe and Uganda.
2010 Water Institute of South Africa, Durban. South Africa.
2011: Blue Planet Conference – Boseman, USA
Waterkeyn J & A. School Health Clubs in Zimbabwe
2011 University of North Carolina – Water Institute
Waterkeyn J & Nga.N. Low cost-high Impact: Hygiene Behaviour Change in Vietnam in Community Health Clubs.
2011 UNC Side Event: Programme
Waterkeyn, J. WaSH in the Community Health Clubs
2012: University of North Carolina – Water Institute
2012 UNC Africa AHEAD Side Event: Programme
- Waterkeyn.J. The Mechanics of Hygiene Behaviour Change
- Matimati, R. Classic CHC: The Zimbabwe Experience
- Waterkeyn. A. The Dissemination and Scale up of CHCs
- Clasen.T. Evaluation of CBEHPP in Rwanda
- Rosenfeld. J. CHCs in the Dominican Republic
- Saywel.D. CLTS and CHC – Complementary or contradictory?
- Waterkeyn.J. CHC and CLTS: How can they be integrated?
- Waterkeyn, J. Best Practice in Health Promotion: comparing CHC & CLTS
2013: University of North Carolina – Water Institute
2013 UNC Africa AHEAD Side Event: Programme
- Waterkeyn. J. Integration, Sustainability, Institutionalisation & Scale
- Rosenfeld.J. One year of Community Health Clubs on Hispaniola
- Waterkeyn.A. CHCs sparking self supply in Zimbabwe
- Habyarimana.J. Rwanda: Randomised Control Trial of CHCs
- Waterkeyn. A. Four Evaluations of CLTS in Africa
2014 World Water Week, Stockholm
- Waterkeyn.J. I am not nothing now: how Community Health Clubs empower women
- Rosemarin.A. for Ngabo.F. Hygiene Behaviour Change through CBEHPP in Rwanda
- Ekane.N. Community-based Sanitation Programs in Rwanda
- Wolf.D. Mobilising Community for Improving Water, Energy and Sanitation in Uganda
- Nash.L. Sharing the power of Community Health Clubs
- Waterkeyn.A.Vision 5 x 5: Scaling up Community Health Clubs
- Rosemarin.A. Discussion and Summary
2015 University of North Carolina – Water Institute
Africa AHEAD Side Event
1. Waterkeyn. J. A Practical Model to achieve 8 x Sustainable Development Goals
2. Rosenfeld. J. Community Health Clubs In Haiti