Above: Women stand up in front of their community and distribute articles that they have brought for their homes as a result of a Saving Scheme in the CHC.
Community Health Clubs empower women in many different ways, that are difficult to measure qualitatively. The weekly meeting provide a forum whereby women learn from each other, and gain knowledge and the ability to make informed decisions, the confidence to speak in public, and the determination to manage their own lives. This manifests in the following ways:
- Decrease in domestic violence
- Increase respect from husbands and in-laws
- Women increasing their skills
- Woman managing their own money
- Women taking leadership positions in the community