Description of the Training
This topic provides 14 images of recommended nutrition practices. The cards are used to help prompt participants to discuss some of the ways that people should keep themselves nourished, with the objective of understanding how to ensure good nutrition.
How to use Card set 10.a. ‘Nutrition’
This set can be used in three ways:
- Hand out all the pictures to group and ask them to come up one at a time to explain their picture.
- Discuss each picture and decide if it is good, average or bad, with reasons.
- Discuss how children should be fed, how to ensure school children have enough food, which foods are worth buying (not junk food), and how food should be grown at home.
- Show pictures of Kwashiorkor and Miasmas and explain the difference.
Link to Facilitator Instructions for Nutrition:
LIST OF ILLUSTRATED CARDS:
- Eat before going to school
- Eat in the evening
- Supplement at 6 months old
- Prepare nourishing food
- Don’t buy junk food
- Buy fruit and vegetables
- Obese from junk food
- Sugar cane rather than sweets
- Kwashiorkor: lacking protein
- Miasmas: undernourishment
- Healthy baby
- Weigh baby every month
- Stunted children
- Monitoring growth