A Community Health Club member is recognised by their high standard of hygiene as they are taught to ensure all their family observe all recommendations for handwashing with soap.
- Clean water is poured over hands / water is not shared in a bowl
- Soap or ash is used to wash hands
- A tap / tippy tap or other hand washing facility is used
- Method of hand washing is thorough and hands dried in the air
- Hands are washed before and after handling dangerous substances, contagious conditions, excreta or food: