Module 4: Facilitation of a Community Health Club in 24 Sessions
Web conferencing details provided upon confirmation.
Next Available Date: 24th May – 28th May 2021
Access: An online training course conducted virtually through Zoom
Certification: Participants who complete every session will receive an Africa AHEAD Certificate of Basic Skills in Participatory Facilitation for a Community Health Club.
N.B. We only issue certificates for 100% full attendance.
Cost per person: US $210
Summary of Training: A practical course to enable the facilitator of a CHC to practically conduct every one of the 24 sessions in which the CHC will participate, using visual aids and a range of participatory activities which will make even the most reserved facilitator able to conduct the training with ease.
Day long training with 24 one hour sessions:
- Hand washing and Personal Hygiene / prevention and treatment of diarrhoea
- Water, Sanitation and Solid Waste
- Respiratory Infections and Nutrition
- Malaria, Bilharzia, Skin diseases and worms
- Infant care, Immunization and Good Parenting
Target Participant: Field workers / project officers / village health workers
Participant desirable Qualifications
- Completed Module 1 and 2 an advantage
- School leavers certificate (A level or more)
- Experience in Environmental Health in the field
- Diploma in Environmental Health an advantage
Required facilities for each participant
- English speaking (good level)
- Individual email account
- Reliable connectivity for Zoom
- Computer with video and audio
Language of training: English
Duration: 5 consecutive full days
Time : 9 am – 4 pm (South African Time)
Number of sessions: 24 sessions
Duration of session: 1 hour each
Facilitator: Dr. Juliet Waterkeyn
Conditions of Training:
- Payment: full payment in advance
- Cancellation: No refund for incomplete or late attendance
- Training Materials: Visual Aid Card packs and Facilitator Guidelines downloadable.
- Zoom recording available to participants after each session
- Intellectual Property: (Creative Commons) Training material can be shared with acknowledgement but not changed without permission of Africa AHEAD
- Visual Aids and facilitator Guidelines remain the IP of Africa AHEAD and AA logo must be retained.
- Visual Aids may be copied and used for training in a CHC project, but not be printed and sold for commercial purposes, nor made available on other websites.
- Completion: No access to materials / recordings once course date is expired
- Sharing of Screens: No reduction for participants who may share screens.