Module 2: Planning a Community Health Club Project
Web conferencing details provided upon confirmation.
Next Available Date: 5th -10th July
Access: An online training course conducted virtually through Zoom
Cost per person: US$70
Summary of Training: For those have a site to start a Community Health Club Project and want to design a successful project or write a meaningful proposal which will deliver on the targets.
- Mapping of your Community Health Club area
- Assessing Health Challenges in the CHC Project Area.
- Conducting a Needs Assessment with the Community
- Design of the membership card: selection of topics and indicators
- Deciding on the targets for the CHC Project
- Training of the CHC Facilitators
- How to conduct Village Entry successfully
Target Participant: Project planners and managers / students and interns in NGOs
Required facilities for participants:
- Individual email account
- Reliable connectivity for Zoom
- Computer with video and audio
- An identified CHC village to conduct field work between training days
- Participants must have transport and be able to access the CHC village
- flip chart and markers for field trips
Language of training: English
Duration: 6 days
Time : 9-10 am on Zoom, followed by field trip from 10.30 to 3.30, followed by Feedback session from 3 – 5 pm (South African Time)
Number of training sessions: 12 sessions
Number of field trips: 6 visits to village
Duration of session: 1-2 hours
Facilitator: CHC Founder – Director of Research and Training, Dr. Juliet Waterkeyn
- Payment: full payment in advance
- Cancellation: No refund for incomplete or late attendance
- Training Materials: Trainer Guidelines and Zoom recording available to participants
- Intellectual Property: (Creative Commons) Presentations can be shared with acknowledgement but not changed without permission of Africa AHEAD
- Visual Aids and Facilitator Guidelines remain the IP of Africa AHEAD and AA logo must be retained.
- Visual Aids may be copied and used for training in a CHC project, but not be printed and sold for commercial purposes, nor made available on other websites.
- Completion: No access to materials / recordings once course date is expired
- Sharing of Screens: No reduction for participants who may share screen (max 5 per screen)
- Observers: Observers are also considered as participants and pay the full cost per course, whether attending all sessions or not