Description of the Training
This topic provides 16 images of recommended food hygiene. The cards are used to help prompt participants to discuss some of the ways that people should keep their homes and kitchens clean, with the objective of understanding how flies need to be controlled.
How to use Card set 9. ‘Food Hygiene’
- A participant holds up the card with a picture of a fly to the audience and explains the importance of eliminating flies.
- The remainder of the cards can be sorted into three groups of good, average and bad practices to control against flies.
- Discuss all the different options to control flies and what is already being done.
- Make a plan as to how the fly control measures can be taken.
Facilitator Instructions on Food Hygiene:
LIST OF ILLUSTRATED CARDS:
- Poor solid waste
- Dirty cooking area
- Preparing food on the ground
- Use a bin for solid food waste
- Sweeping yard clean
- Prepare food on table
- Burn rubbish in pit
- Village clean up
- Use a potrack
- Cleanup kitchen
- Put food in cupboard
- Cover all left over food
- Keep rats out of kitchen
- Store drinking water correctly
- Keep perishables cold
- Use a smokeless stove